TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION POLICIES:
Please note that Gaia Hotel & Reserve offers all the services and amenities expected of a 5 Star Hotel under international standards. We are a wireless property; therefore Internet is available from all locations, as well as hard-line computers in our business center. We are proud to offer our 5-star La Luna Restaurant, our World Class Terra Spa, and a full fitness room for guests to use. We also feature a beautiful 3-tiered cascading pool with food and drink service, and magnificent rain forest and ocean views. All guests are invited to join the guided tour of our Private Nature Reserve.
1. Check out time is 11:00 a.m. and Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. However, Gaia Hotel & Reserve will make best efforts to accommodate guests prior to the official check-in or after the official check out time when requested, and subject to availability.
2. Rates are quoted for double or single occupancy per bedroom per unit. Published rates are subject to 13.00% tax or applicable taxes at the time if such should change. The room rate includes two daily – a la carte – breakfasts per bedroom per unit served at our restaurant. An extra charge of $85.00 plus taxes will be applied for each additional guest. An additional guest is defined as a person in addition to the allotted double occupancy per bedroom per unit. An additional charge of $100.00 daily will be applied for smoking within the unit.
3. Gaia offers 22 adults only units. Our Clubhouse Suites provide a semi-private pool only accessible for these three specific units. The minimum age child is 13 years. Exception may apply upon previous conversation and written consent of our reservations department.
4. All direct reservations require payment in full at time of booking. Payments not expedited immediately are subject to cancellation without further notice. Agency bookings can be subject to special terms, please consult our reservation department for details.
5. Payments are received in US DOLLARS only and may be paid by Visa, Master Card or American Express. Direct deposits, wire transfers or personal checks must be previously arranged with our reservation department, and proof of bank transactions must be sent by fax to +506-2777-9126 or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Green Season is considered from April 11th through December 19th, Peak Season is December 20th through January 3rd, and High Season is January 4th through April 10th of each year.
7. Room reservations that fall on December 31st will incur a mandatory charge per person for our New Year Eve celebration. Please consult our reservation department for more information and pricing.
8. Cancellations must be made in writing and sent by fax to +506-2777-9126 or email to Reservations@gaiahr.com, and all cancellations must be confirmed as received by Gaia Hotel to be considered valid.
9. For cancellations during GREEN SEASON requests must be received in writing 15 days or more prior to arrival to avoid penalty. For cancellations during HIGH SEASON requests must be received in writing 15 days or more prior to arrival to avoid penalty and PEAK SEASON requires a 61 day written cancellation notice to avoid additional penalties.
10. Cancellations requested in writing 15 days or less prior to guest arrival during GREEN SEASON, or 15 days or less prior to guest’s arrival during HIGH SEASON are considered NON-REFUNDABLE or forfeiture of the full prepayment. Late bookings are NON-REFUNDABLE after the credit card charge has been processed.
11. Cancellations requested in writing 61 days or less prior to guest arrival during Peak Season are considered NON-REFUNDABLE or forfeiture of the full prepayment.
12. NO-SHOW and/or un-used room nights, and/or early check-outs are NOT REFUNDABLE regardless of the season.
13. Due to our strict payment and cancellation policies we strongly recommend travel insurance. A selection of travel insurance carriers can be found at: www.insuremytrip.com.
14. Published Rates are subject to change without prior notice. All confirmed and fully paid reservations are exempt from any rate changes.
15. Please note that prostitution and the exploitation of underage persons is not permitted within the hotel grounds. Guests who do not respect this policy will kindly be asked to leave with no refund due.
16. FORCE MAJEURE CLAUSE:
GAIA HOTEL & RESERVE is exempted for the liability for failure to execute arrangements specified herein directly or indirectly caused by or in consequence of any conditions beyond human control. However, option to rebook is subject to availability of rooms covered by the dates of visit.